15 junio 2007

Curiosidades hindúes - "Breaks"

Una de las cosas que más me ha sorprendido al llegar aquí es la cantidad de pausas que hacen durante el día.

Por lo general, tienen únicamente uno, máximo dos, seminarios al día, así que el resto del tiempo está consagrado al estudio, que está "únicamente" interrumpido por los sagradísimos breaks:
  • 9.00am: Breakfast;
  • 11.00am: Tea Time;
  • 1.00pm: Lunch;
  • 3.45pm: Tea Time;
  • 6.00pm: Snack;
  • 8.00pm: Dinner.
¡Si es que aquí la gente no para de comer! No hay forma de seguirles el ritmo. Todo hay que decirlo, agüita con el té…

2 comentarios:

Aam Aadmi dijo...

I came across your blog when reading about India. Since I translated it into English, some of it was lost in translation.

But, I find your observations about life in India very typical of anyone from abroad - except Indophiles who are aware of the customs in India.

While such surprises are common place, natives find it equally incredible that you are so "unused" or unaware of these customs or habits. They are as unaware that what is natural to them is so alien to the outside world. I wish they took some time to explain themselves or their customs - Indians tend to communicate not by words but by gestures, actions and, get this, silence. It can be frustrating to a Western mind to fathom that.

That's what makes India a discovery for anyone the first time - you will either love it or hate it - nothing is neutral for too long.

Good luck in your discovery of India.

Pepe Pont dijo...

'Indian gestures' is one of the things I would like to talk about them, and above all, when they nod in agreement to left and right…

In fact, I started this post talking about them, but I finally decided to write it later –maybe in a few days–.

Thanks for your comment and visit, sumit :)